Wednesday, July 20

Trufa + Yardstick

Once in a while, my colleagues and I indulge ourselves by exploring the many hidden (and not so hidden) gems in Makati. I came across Trufa Pasta Bar while I was randomly browsing though CookieBar's Instagram account. I got really excited that they will be having their goodies in this resto (yay goodbye diet forever!). Initially that's the reason why I wanted to go to Trufa, but once I got to research on what the restaurant has to offer, I immediately messaged my colleagues and told them about the place.


Trufa is located at the Legaspi Village (Esteban St.). It's a few minutes (okay more like 20 minutes since mabagal and tamad ako maglakad hahaha) away from our office so we went here a few Tuesdays ago. They were still on soft opening when we visited so there weren't a lot of people that time.


The place looks very modern. Since I enjoy anything DIY, I loved the concept of Trufa. You get to choose your pasta, sauce, and toppings (huhu ang saya!). I opted to have Trufa fussili with setas (mushrooms). The serving was personally good enough for me (my colleagues found their servings on the smaller side though). I was pleased with what I ordered (well I'm biased 'cause I loveee truffle pasta).

Trufa Fussili with Setas (mushrooms) - Php 380

My colleague's order: 4 Quesos Penne with Pollo (chicken) - Php 370

Another colleague's order: Bolonesa de Casa Fussili - Php 260
Dessert display (Cookie Bar goodies!)
After lunch, my colleagues and I decided to go to Yardstick (since it's almost just across Trufa). It was my first time here and I liked how minimalist the place looked. I ordered their Yardshake as recommended by my friends. Since I'm not a coffee lover I was surprised with how much I liked this drink! It's something I can definitely have on a regular basis (pero malayo for me so hindi rin lmaofeck).
Flat White - Php 180
Yardshake - Php 180
I constantly crave for new adventures and things to try out (mostly food and makeup duh hahaha). Although I usually prefer to check new places out with Luigi, it was definitely a cool experience to go on a 'sort of food trip' with my friends. Not sure when we'll do this again (since we're all trying to save up haha), but I'm definitely looking forward to our next food quest.
The Gang (chos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment